Diagnodent technology enables us to detect the earliest signs of dental decay. The better and earlier the diagnosis, the better suitable therapy can be planned. This enables us to provide minimally invasive and tooth preserving treatment.
Diagnodent operates by means of a laser light. The light is passed via an optical fibre to the area of decay. The decayed area fluoresces, and this fluorescence passes back to the probe, and the decay is displayed and indicated both visibly and audibly.
The benefits of a Diagnodent check up
- No sharp probing of teeth
- Less exposure to radiation because less x-rays need to be taken
- Great for children and anxious patients
- Catching decay in the earlier stages means minimal treatment is necessary and can often be carried out with no drill or needles using air abrasion
- Best preventive care
- Visual and acoustic measurements make it easier for patients to understand the diagnosis
- Results are documented so that some lesions can be accurately monitored